This is a great ride in a stunning location. We will meet at the Mangatepopo Camp on Thursday afternoon from 1pm. This will be an extended excursion with a 3 night stop over on Thursday, Friday and Saturday night with a Breakfast (Sat & Sun) and Dinner (Fri & Sat), beds and great riding included. We are booked in at the Mangatepopo Camp which will include accommodation and evening food for the weekend.
We will meet at the Mangatepopo Camp on Thursday Afternoon at 1pm. Please note: We shall be conducting a half day exploration ride on Thursday afternoon; if you are interested, please email or phone Wayne (departure at 2pm on Thursday afternoon) so he knows you are coming.
The ride is a fixed fee whether you come for 1,2 or 3 nights (use the green ticket button to book). Please let Wayne know if you are arriving on Friday with the intention of only completing the afternoon ride.
This event will take us into the National Park. Here is a loose itinerary of rides:
- Thursday afternoon exploration
- Friday morning then a Friday afternoon (local tracks)
- Saturday full day 42 Traverse trail and extended trails off the main route
- Sunday half day national park trail
Please note that there are NO fuel stops anywhere along the route. You must be carrying enough fuel to see you through the trip.
Please book and pay by 30th October so that catering numbers can be confirmed. Please book through the web site or Bank Direct Credit to 06-0565-0870353-00. Please place your name as a reference (really important please) and ‘42nd ride’. The price includes accommodation and food.
You Should Bring
- Water Bottles
- Tow Rope
- First Aid Kit
- Spare Parts and Puncture Repair Kit
- Helmet and Suitable clothing for varied conditions
- Sleeping Bag (pillow for extra comfort)
- Dry Food / food for the duration
- Extra Fuel
- Toothbrush and toiletries
- Sharp Saw
- Chilly Bins
- Wayne GoodfellowOrganizer of 42 TraverseWayne is CQATVC's treasurer and processes memberships.You can contact Wayne on 027 839 4195.
LocationTongariro Forest Park, Mangatepopo Camp, Tongariro Forest Park, New Zealand
Could not find route!
Weather data is currently not available for this location
Wind stec_replace_current_wind stec_replace_current_wind_units stec_replace_current_wind_direction
Humidity stec_replace_current_humidity %
Feels like stec_replace_current_feels_like °stec_replace_current_temp_units
Next 24 Hours
Powered by openweathermap.org